Re: [OM] (OM) OT More computer

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT More computer
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 16:43:02 -0400
I agree with Dan that it might be a race condition... whatever is doing the checking is starting before the firewall is started. Could be Avast or something else unless you know the message is from Avast. I used to get the same thing at times when I was running XP. But I quit running Avast years ago so I know it wasn't Avast.

If it is a race condition perhaps your attempt to turn it on is also ahead of the firewall startup. That would explain why your attempt is initially rejected. Next time it happens wait a few minutes as usual and see if it is already turned on. You many not have to take any action at all. If you always find that it is running it's probably not worth trying to reorder the startup sequence to fix it.

That's what I found in my case. Whenever I would check on the firewall after the "it's not running" message I would see that it was running and enabled.

Chuck Norcutt