[OM] IMG: My dad and his jalopy, 1951

Subject: [OM] IMG: My dad and his jalopy, 1951
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 16:11:01 -0700
From Sept. 1951. My Dad, laughing as he empties sand from his shoes after a beach walk. Photo by my Mom, taken during their honeymoon, probably on Cape Cod, MA. He is sitting on his infamous green Chrysler, which eventually died and was abandoned on the Cross-Bronx Expressway.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/14120758778/>

Jim Shulman, Jim Nichols or any other car buffs, can you tell what year the green Chryler is? I've heard 1947, but I don't know for sure. Here are a couple of other pictures of it:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/EmMiltHoneymoon/7MiltCarBoathouse.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/Misc1950s/18EmOnCar.jpg.html>

You can tell who was the photographer in the family by which pictures are sharper. :-) Note that the film is original Kodachrome, ASA 10. Ten. 1/50 second at f/6.3 in bright sunshine, longer if you wanted DOF.

--Peter