Re: [OM] OT - Thunderbird email

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Thunderbird email
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 18:03:25 -0400
No, it's not as simple as cutting and pasting although I think much earlier versions of Thunderbird could be treated like that. Today's Thunderbird files are stored as part of an SQL Lite data base. The files are all located in (assuming drive C:)
C:\Users\your_user_name)\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\some_random_name.default

Note that "AppData" is a normally hidden folder, not visible unless you have changed folder options to display hidden folders.

I've not done this for many years but my suggestion to you is that you use MozBackup to both backup your initial installation on computer A and then use MozBackup's restore operation to restore the files from A on computer B. That will restore everything then delete the folders not needed on B.

MozBackup backs up Firefox and Thunderbird installations to a location of your choosing. Get it here <http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/> I run version 1.5.1 which is the latest released version. 1.5.2 is available but has been in Beta for a long time. I assume it will restore backups because I've never had to try the restore.

Good luck.  Let me know how it works.

Chuck Norcutt