Re: [OM] IMG: Paris

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Paris
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 15:33:11 -0300

The French might want to rights protect the image of the setting sun next :-)

jh

On 5/30/2014 3:12 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
Thanks for taking us along!  Wonderful photos, as usual.  Just don't let
the Eiffel Tower people know that you have a photo of their copyrighted
lights up on your blog!

The Eiffel Tower, built in 1889, falls within the public domain.

Daytime views from the Eiffel Tower are rights-free.

However, its various illuminations are subject to author’s rights as well
as brand rights. Usage of these images is subject to prior request from the
"Société d’Exploitation de la Tour Eiffel" (the Eiffel Tower’s operating
company, or SETE).

Tina

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>