Re: [OM] Old Yard Power

Subject: Re: [OM] Old Yard Power
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 13:10:31 -0500
>> I was 600 feet or more from them. Single point swivel.
> Ahhh.  Far away, really long lens.  That makes sense.

I ran into several issues that made this less than ideal:

1. Low light, really long lens, no stabilization, wind.

2. Two second prefire. (poor man's cable release)

3. Two second image review with automatic 100% zoom in

4. Recompose for next shot

5. Rapidly changing light

I shot this from left to right. By the time I had gotten to the second
engine, the sun and clouds (see the sunset shot) changed the lighting.
It took about four passes before I finally had relative lighting
consistency from one end to the other. This one is actually one that
had shifted, but it was also the one that had the least motion blur.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx