Re: [OM] Memorial Day 2014 Sunset

Subject: Re: [OM] Memorial Day 2014 Sunset
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 11:13:20 -0500
> I like the fact that if doesn't look like a 15 image composite.  I probably
> has enough pretzels in it to make a really huge print, which would suit.

Could be. I don't know if it will make it, though. I need to recover
the foreground a whole lot more for a print.

> The halo-ing at the horizon looks like an artifact of shadow lifting and
> highlight lowering.  I have had something like that occur as a natural
> phenomenon, but this looks so uniform and bounded to the irregular features
> of the horizon that it makes me want you to do something about it before
> you order a big print.

This was a quick-and-dirty. Other than the photomerge, which took
about five minutes to generate, crop and return to Lightroom, I spent
maybe 60 seconds on the image in Lightroom shuffling sliders around.
The halos you see are artifacts from cranking the clarity up too high
on an overly large image file. Yes, literally 60 seconds of editing.
It shows... If the image is a keeper, I'll tweak it more carefully
before sending out to the lab. I think I've got 6000 x 6000 pixels to
work with.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx