Re: [OM] Spare 43 body cap?

Subject: Re: [OM] Spare 43 body cap?
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 10:00:56 -0500
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> don't know why the 4/3 mount would be as large as the OM mount.

Grudging sort of homage to Maitani?  They kept the option open of making
the E-system backwards compatible to the last moment?

I think we were startled that the E-1 was quite as large as it was, as a
whole, but not that the pie hole was that size.  Some of the original
claims for 4/3 were never realized until m43.  To get to something like the
E-M5, we had to go through the E-system and the new Pens.  Seems almost
Darwinian in hindsight.

Joel W.