Re: [OM] IMG: Tricycles, another one

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Tricycles, another one
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 04:11:25 +1200

Tina wrote

PESO:

OK> I lied again. I'm leaving now but I did run
into at least one more of the tricycles moving fish when they moved a
little further up the beach.
 Not as much boat, but more tricycle and
sky?

http://www.pbase.com/image/155681108

C&C greatly appreciated.

Tina

PS: I only took 1748 photos on 3/19 and it's now dawn.

--

Tina Manley

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Tina, I
have enjoyed all the shots you have posted.

Re the position of the
horizon in that one shot you queried; I think it is irrelevant because
there is a diagonal line of human activity etc from the trike at the
left to the boat at the right and to my eyes this compositional feature
is stronger than any potential fault that a middle horizon might be.

1748 shots in a few hours ... that's several months'worth for me !!!
With that many shots combined with your lifetime of practice (timing,
composition, focus, WB etc) you just cannot avoid having many winning
shots. The task of winnowing the wheat from the chaff must be immense.

Last week I took in the Brian Brake posthumous exhibition at the Otago
museum. I was intrigued by one comment - his work at one stage ( mostly
excellent NZ wild landscapes) was viewed by Ernst Haas, who asked
something like "Äre there any people there?". And from that point on,
Brake photographed mainly people.

Myself, I rarely take shots of
people.

And one revelation; his famous photo from his Monsoon series,
of a woman's face up-turned into the rain and light with water drops
clinging all over her skin; this was a staged shot. She was a famous
(beautiful) Indian actress hired to help, Brake requested specific
colours in her clothes and including the colour of the ear-ring, and
they watered her face with a garden watering-can. ...

Brian