Re: [OM] IMG: Finally, Spring

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Finally, Spring
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:01:52 -0700
In '59 or '60, when I was stationed at Carswell AFB, a guy in the outfit had an Isetta. He pulled into a parking lot in Fort Worth and the attendant insisted on parking the car himself. Guess he just wanted to drive it. LOL When he returned to the parking lot an hour and a half later, he found the car nosed up to a brick wall and the attendant sitting in it. Seems he couldn't get the door open and also could not figure out how to get it into reverse. As I remember, that was a two stroke engine and reverse was the engine running in the opposite direction. I also worked with a guy that had a Messerschmidt three wheeler with the bubble top. Now that one was kick. Also a two stroke engine. Those things would go just as fast in reverse as they would forward. Used the same gears. VBG
Paul in Portland OR