Re: [OM] IMG: Finally, Spring

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Finally, Spring
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 16:44:30 +0100
On 14 May 2014 16:36, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>      I'm curious as to the make and model of car in the two DNT LAF
> photos.  It's not an early Fiat 500.

BMW Isetta.  One of several microcars to emerge from postwar Germany to
exploit the sudden increase in fuel prices in Europe due to the Suez crisis
of the late 50s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta

As a child in the mid 60s, I was fascinated by these "bubble cars" as we
called them.

Ian

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer