Re: [OM] House Sparrow

Subject: Re: [OM] House Sparrow
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 08:20:45 -0700
No Brian, it is definitely not native to North America. They were brought in from Europe in the mid 1800s and introduced in Brooklyn, New York. They quickly spread all over North America. Actually considered a pest, due to their messy habits. As I said in the initial message, I have called them English Sparrows for most of my 86 years. And I have seen a multitude of them. LOL The odd thing is that I am not seeing very many these days.
Paul in Portland OR