Re: [OM] Kodachrome slide mounts

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodachrome slide mounts
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:19:55 +0100
I should have checked before sending.  See the following two links for some
examples:

http://trainutz.com/rcMOUNT.shtml

http://historicphotoarchive.com/f2/kodachrome.html

The second link has an example of the solid red mount, and suggests that its
introduction ties to the consent decree by which Kodak agreed to allow third
parties to process Kodachrome.  The consent decree was signed in 1954 (see
http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Our_Company/History_of_Kodak/Milestones_-_chro
nology/1930-1959.htm ) which would date the red solid mounts to no earlier
than 1954.

But where were your Kodachromes processed? The consent decree applied only
to US, I assume.

Piers