[OM] IMG: Busot

Subject: [OM] IMG: Busot
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 00:33:41 +0200
Busot is a village in the mountains surrounding Alicante. It is one of the
places on my usual cycling route. Right now, I am still too weak to cycle up
there (by next weekend I should be able to), so instead I filled the back seat
of my car with camera bags and drove up there this morning. This was a nice
opportunity to photograph places that I often pass on the bike but rarely stop
(and obviously, I do not have my Leica M8 or the Fuji medium format with me
when I cycle).

The streets in Busot are steep. In many ways, it is a very traditional place
but in recent years northern Europeans have bought houses there, so even this
small village is becoming more international. The attraction for the foreigners
is the laid back lifestyle, absence of crime, lower prices, and generally peace
and quiet compared to what you have on the coast. And the beach is no more than
10-11 km away.

Twenty pictures are here, 19 of which are from today (the first one is an
establishing shot from last year; I included it to show the location of the
village). Since I was there in the morning (around 11), not many people were
out and about. The Spanish sleep late on weekends.

http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Busot

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman