Re: [OM] OT: Home laser printer

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Home laser printer
From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 14:08:40 -0400
For what it's worth, I like my Epson workforce 633 scanner/fax/printer. Inkjet,
but pigment rather than dye, so
more waterproof & fade proof. It also has wifi and lan connections, CF, MS and
SD slots, and USB in & out - It can
also function as a file server.... No problems after two years. Bought 1 ink
cartridge. It can even print double-sided.
The 635 can also scan double-sided.

I got it for $50.

By the way, it's usually best to leave inkjets on, even if you print once a
week. Turning off and on wastes ink.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/04/4-all-in-one-printers-that-won-t-break-your-budget/index.htm

For scanning, Vuescan is very nice and works with most scanners, paper or film.

A Laser will probably save you money - but my old Okidata laser needed a new
drum, and it was more than the
printer cost. Lasers also use much more power when printing - in case you have
limits.

Peace, tOM Trottier

-- Absum! -- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

                   tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633
                tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   Skype:Abacurial
           46D Chesterton Dr, Ottawa, ON K2E 5S9, Canada
           http://Information.Architecture.Abacurial.com
        P Est-ce c'est necessaire d'imprimer ce courriel ?
              Do you really need to print this email?
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Any use of this message, in any
     manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder
    in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein,
     the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately
             lead to the heat death of the universe.