Re: [OM] New Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] New Camera
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 14:52:21 -0500
> Two caveats, though.
>
> Specifically interested in long exposures. - Max = 30 sec. No Bulb setting
> shown in the manual.

That's odd. I believe it has the two-press bulb setting. Press the
shutter once to start bulb exposure. Press it the second time to stop
bulb exposure. I may run past the store on the way home tonight to
double-check this. (or not).

> Budget, $7-900 - Camera is $1,300.

If a person absolutely MUST get a new camera in the $7-900 range
today, my #1 recommendation would be the Fujifilm XE2. Second choice
with be the Sony Nex 6 or Nex 7. If a person can wait three more
months, the RX10 will be right within that price window.

I was mining the darkroom this past weekend looking for something and
saw the A1 sitting on the shelf oh so lonely and neglected. I'll have
to give it some love this month.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx