[OM] 2014 Orchid Show

Subject: [OM] 2014 Orchid Show
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 10:04:05 -0400 (EDT)
The human eye does not actually "see" red. It sees orange and red is
actually a derived color based on the absence of green. Camera sensors
have detectors which are more narrow-banded than the human and doesn't
do the mix-minus that the human vision does.

Hmmm,
Odd way to put it. Peak absorption of the "red" cone pigment is about 575nm, IIRC which is more yellow-- much overlap with the green cones of course. If one could stimulate with that wavelength w/o any green stimulus in a thought experiment, one would see red, so I guess I see what you mean.

Unless you are using a
computer program that analyses the RAW file directly, everything you
look at is post-conversion.

You forgot about Magic Lantern on Canyon--one can set it for Raw 3 color histo and raw 3 color zebra--so red flashes if clipping based on that channel from Raw data no the in cam jpeg. If the hackers can do it why not the OEM's???

No like clipped flowers, Mike