Re: [OM] Kodak business practices

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak business practices
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 14:07:40 -0700
On 4/28/2014 3:56 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have been reviewing Kodak Easyshare cameras being sold on Trademe
in NZ, and have bought one for Maggie's grand-daughter for her 11th
birthday (yesterday).

It seems to me that they have adopted Henry
Ford's business practice, without noticing that, unlike Henry Ford, they
have LOTS of competition.

The Kodak to which you refer no longer exists. I think failing as a business is
punishment enough for their failings.

So how does this apply to Kodak, and Easy-share cameras?

<snip litany of complaints>
And some models have lousy image-making
ability. I found it essential to check DP-Review etc before making a
bid.

The question at hand would appear to me to be - Why were you looking at and buying one of these cameras? You obviously know they are largely crap. There are so many better options in used digicams, also very inexpensive.

Un Informed Moose