[OM] (OT) Inappropriate Easter Image

Subject: [OM] (OT) Inappropriate Easter Image
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 09:13:08 -0400
Shot this morning from the US 1 bridge at Bath. Followed by breakfast at Ship’s
Chow Hall. Not an appropriate Easter image, I know. USS Zumwalt, the Navy’s new
stealth destroyer. Google brings up some interesting reading. This is an
excellent example of how cognitive dissonance works with me. I deplore the
expense of such weapons systems when we’ve got so many more uses for our money.
And yet Bath Iron Works is one of Maine’s largest employers. It’s right down
the road from us. I know a lot of good union folks who work there. BIW does not
pay Wal-Mart wages.

I just wish they’d start building merchant ships. Or washing machines. Sigh.

Happy Easter!

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal