[OM] Quantaray 500/1000mm Lens

Subject: [OM] Quantaray 500/1000mm Lens
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:27:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     This morning I received a Quantaray 500/1000mm f8-f32 lens that I bought
last week on the Goodwill auction site.  The description they gave was not
totally informative, but I could tell that it came with the 2X magnifier and
some sort of bayonet camera adapter.  Since these lenses generally came with a
T-2 mount I did not care at all what the adapter was, which is a good thing as
it turned out to be for a Canon AF mount.  It took me a while and some careful
effort to get that adapter off, and afterwards I attached my telescope T-2 to
4/3 adapter and took it out for a test, which is a line pole transformer about
1/8 mile (200m) away:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/13904333765/

     As I expected, the image turned out to be very clear, slightly better than
what I had achieved last year with the Samyang 100-500/5.6 telephoto.  It's a
keeper.

     Now I need to get another T-2 adapter for the telescope.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson