Re: [OM] Nathan's PAW 10: Alicante-Liege-Maastricht

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAW 10: Alicante-Liege-Maastricht
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 21:58:45 -0700
On 3/9/2014 11:00 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Another whirlwind week (and I am posting this from a hotel room in
> Brussels…). We start with sheep in Alicante and finish with toilet paper in
> Maastricht. Curious? Look here:

Wow, I was reading all sorts of things into the statue, 10-12. My artist son
keeps telling me not to look for meaning in
his work. "I just draw it. I don't know why I draw what I do."

Still, looking at the close crop, the shape seemed familiar. Even out the
features and hair on the rather small head on
thick neck and you have - a different gender, shall I say.

Now I'm wondering why she is holding up her breasts that way. So they won't sag
and ruin the lines of the sculpture,
perhaps?

I once had a relationship with a woman not quite as impressively endowed, or
was just it that hers were attached to a
normal human body (and otherwise a lot better looking woman, even when unhappy).

I suppose I'm a Philistine today. There are probably all sorts of deep,
important themes in the work (yeah, yeah, I can
feel some starting to form), but I'm seeing a skinny, awkwardly shaped woman
very unhappy with the implants she thought
would render her attractive. She's holding them up, to look at them, then
looking away - "OH, if only ...".

Hmmm, that may be worse than Philistine. Good thing I'm adept at keeping my
mouth shut, except, here, today.

Twin Memories Moose