Re: [OM] OT – Fame!

Subject: Re: [OM] OT – Fame!
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 23:33:02 +0100
Scott

Yes, large jets are generally thought of as slow, although they can nip along
pretty smartly – so the term is indeed erroneous.  But whereas the USAF terms
anything with bombs or guns a fighter, we call them fast jets.  And most
youngsters want operate them.

Undergoing training is standard English, old chap :-)

Thanks; I'm looking forward to a change to a different pace of life, different
(reduced) responsibilities.

Chris