Re: [OM] IMG: Further Florida flora and fauna

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Further Florida flora and fauna
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 22:01:08 -0700
On 3/29/2014 1:11 AM, Peter Klein wrote:
> White butterfly (B&W)
> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/13482022444/>
>
> White butterfly (color)
> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/13482022694/>
> (I like them both for different reasons, so I put them both up).

This one's been nagging at me.

As presented, I prefer B&W. But that's because it tames the bright leaf at
left, which pulls my eye away from the
butterfly in color. But I like color to show how white the flutterby is.
Otherwise, it could be any light color.

Cropping the distracting foliage away, lowering saturation other than on the
flutterby itself, I get something with v.
subtle color, a B&W sort of feel, but showing the true colors. And once
cropped, I couldn't resist trying a rotated
version. :-)
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Klein/White_Butterfly.htm>

Slightly Colorful Moose