[OM] Youth Fine Arts Competition and Concert

Subject: [OM] Youth Fine Arts Competition and Concert
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 21:56:46 -0500
Through our church organization, we have state and national level
competitions every year. My daughters participated in the "Christian
Band" division this year and got to perform on the main stage.

The funny aspect to this is that my one daughter is now kinda a
hero... "Hey! You're the girl who plays the bass guitar!" They came in
one point away from top rating. Not bad for their first competition.
(the judging was pretty tough, but accurate).

The photo is converted from the RAW file to better tame the LED
lighting. LED lighting is a mess with digital sensors, and the only
way to keep things under control is shoot RAW.

The second image is a straight out of camera, using the JPG file. I
zoomed from wide to tele during the exposure.

Both images taken with the PanaLeica DMC-L1

Yes, we're VERY proud of our daughters. They nailed it very well and
proved that you don't need no steenkin drums or geeetars to smoke a
sound system.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx