Re: [OM] Chris's E-510, was: Now THIS is news!

Subject: Re: [OM] Chris's E-510, was: Now THIS is news!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 08:07:17 -0400
I'm not sure you read my response closely enough where I suspected that
the mirror might still open and close in live view.  Also it would
appear that you missed Moose's post where he confirmed it by detailing
the full shooting cycle.  I'll copy his post below

Chuck Norcutt

from Moose
I don't recall the E-510 ever having reports of shutter vibration. In
any case, it will be no better using live view.

When you push the shutter button:

1. Curtain closes.
2. Mirror goes down.
3. AF, if set on, which requires the mirror to be down..
4. Mirror goes up.
6. First curtain opens.
7. Exposure.
8. Second curtain closes.
7. Live view returns.

With AF on in good light, short shutter speed, this takes about two seconds.

Simple AF in LV also requires a mirror cycle

More here. <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse510/7>

Live View on DSLRs is useful, but clumsy. Infinitely better on ILCs

Viewed Live Moose