Re: [OM] Nan Goldin

Subject: Re: [OM] Nan Goldin
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 09:32:38 -0500
> That's my opinion as well.  With one or two exceptions, they all look like
> average snapshots with on-camera flash that you'd see on anyone's Facebook
> page.

Maybe three...

> If that's the kind of work that gets you "acclaimed" and "successful", then
> I'm approaching my photography completely wrong.

The thing about "art" is that the art community seems to value
originality. In other words, doing what nobody else has done before.
Well... No self-respecting photographer of note would ever be caught
dead presenting photos like her's. So, the fact that she is means that
she's original.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx