Re: [OM] OT: Online Problems with eBay - Follow-Up

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Online Problems with eBay - Follow-Up
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 02:21:13 +0000 (UTC)
Chris, I have Java disabled.  No problems with ebay.

----- Original Message -----From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Olympus Discussion Group
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 00:16:26 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
Re: [OM] OT: Online Problems with eBay - Follow-Up

>> Two days ago I went to check on the status of some items that I'm watching
>> and I found that I could no >longer zoom in on the photos nor select any
>> additional photos from the thumbnails. I also found that I was >no longer
>> able to post any feedback. And over the weekend I was not able to contact a
>> seller about a number >of items I had bought. This was true with WinXP using
>> IE8 or Firefox and also Win7 using IE9 and Firefox, >> So this morning I got
>> into the eBay discussion forums and brought the subjects up. I was promptly
>> told >openly by the eBay company troll that if I wasn't happy with their
>> service I was welcome to buy items at any >other auction sites, after which
>> he annotated the issues as having been solved. Needless to say, I was not >a
>> happy camper, but I have long realised that this is typical of today's
>> cyber-punks.>

<<SNIP>>

Evidently, reporting the eBay company troll to the moderator as being abusive
has had some positive results. An hour ago I was going through some new
offerings and found that zooming and looking at additional photos has been
restored. In addition, I can now put items in my watch list while using
dial-up. I haven't been able to do that for months, inste4ad I was putting
items into a favourites folder to review later when I had a WiFi connection.

I haven't looked yet to see if the feedback forum has been fully restored, but
I'm going to be positive for now and assume that it has.

I'm still going to update the Java, but it's not an immediate problem for now.

With any luck, the eBay company troll will have been given his walking papers.
:{D

Chris

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Hunter S. Thompson--