[OM] OT: Online Problems with eBay

Subject: [OM] OT: Online Problems with eBay
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:49:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Two days ago I went to check on the status of some items that I'm watching
and I found that I could no longer zoom in on the photos nor select any
additional photos from the thumbnails.  I also found that I was no longer able
to post any feedback.  And over the weekend I was not able to contact a seller
about a number of items I had bought.  This was true with WinXP using IE8 or
Firefox and also Win7 using IE9 and Firefox,

     So this morning I got into the eBay discussion forums and brought the
subjects up.  I was promptly told openly by the eBay company troll that if I
wasn't happy with their service I was welcome to buy items at any other auction
sites, after which he annotated the issues as having been solved.  Needless to
say, I was not a happy camper, but I have long realised that this is typical of
today's cyber-punks.

     After a little poking around I checked the currency of my Java, and I
found that it was a bit out of date.  The latest version is 7.51 and mine is
7.25.  I can't update it here at home with dialup as it will take anywhere from
32 to 40 hours.  So, I'll have to wait until I have a WiFi connection.

     Good thing I'm immortal as it will take almost that long to keep up with
all this updating crap.

     <<GRUMBLE!>>

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson