Re: [OM] Smaller camera advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] Smaller camera advice needed
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:18:52 -0700
I have the E-PL3 bought on a discount deal via Newegg, Paul. Came with the
kit 14-42 and it also included a free bag (LowePro Edit 140), at the time.
The bag fits the camera with the lens mounted (or with the 40-150 4-5.6R,
which I purchased later, mounted), whichever lens isn't currently mounted,
the flash that came with the camera, the charger, the cord, some memory
cards, and 2-3 batteries with no problem. I purchased it with the idea that
it could provide an intro to the micro 4/3 at low cost, to help me decide
if I'd like to invest in one of the OM-D bodies.

So far, I like it, but the camera and I haven't had enough in-use time
together yet for things to have become fairly automatic for me, which
occasionally gives me heartburn. If I have a complaint, it's the same one
that I have with most digital cameras to date: that when one wants to be
absolutely sure of the focus point, there's too much fiddling about
involved. That said, it takes pretty decent photos without shifting to
manual control all that often, as the majority of photos I take lately seem
to be at family events, and are definitely not "art". Flash is adequate for
general purpose use.

I'd say that for the majority of photos that most people make, it will do
quite nicely.

What else would you like to know?