Re: [OM] Good product for cleaning lenses/filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Good product for cleaning lenses/filters
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:38:11 -0500
> I wonder if someone could tell me how to remove grease from a filter. I
> have a B+W filter and I was using it the other day at the beach, I had sun
> screen on my hands and the filter is basically full of grease. I have
> tried to remove the grease with a cloth and gentle soap but it's almost
> impossible to clean it! Is there any good product to clean lenses and
> filters?

I'm a fan of Dawn dishwashing soap. That usually works pretty well.
Most of the modern dishwashing soaps contain digestive enzymes in them
that take care of organic-based oils. But the old tried and true Dawn
or Ivory tend to be better with petroleum based oils. YMMV

Sunscreen is a beast to get off camera gear. Almost as bad as bug goop.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx