Re: [OM] Handson with an E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] Handson with an E-M1
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 21:58:52 +0000 (UTC)
another convert................  :-)

----- Original Message -----From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus
Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 21:46:18
-0000 (UTC)Subject: [OM] Handson with an E-M1

Of the few people who showed up for my concert last night, one was a
localphotographer carrying an E-M1 with the u43 75mm. I introduced
myself,showed him my Oly Club Card (my e-M5 with the dz 14-54) and we
startedtalking cameras. He let me play with the E-M1 for a bit - like the
changesin ergonomics. He had been shooting with an E-5, I mentioned my E-1.
Heasked how the 14-54 focused and I said reasonably slow, then he mentionedthat
they were supposed to be better on the E-M1.

So, naturally, I took the opportunity to ask if we could swap lenses realquick
so I could see how it worked on the E-M1.

Very nicely is the answer. Quick, snappy focus. And the EVF is nicer thanthe
E-M5. Not night-and-day, but nicer.

As long as Olympus keeps running with the u43 line, there might be anupgrade or
a second body in my future next year.

He also gave me his card and invited me to go on a photo walk with himsometime.
Nice enough guy, and we can try different lenses. He'd heard ofmy 20/1.7, but
hadn't seen one. He was considering the PanaLeica, butthen, he's a pro so he
can justify a bag full of pricey glass. One thingwe both agreed on - we want
the 40-150/2.8.

He has an assistant who helps shoot from time to time, who also uses anE-M1. He
got it with the lesser kit lens, so I showed him the 12-50 and heasked what I
thought. I gave it a good recommendation, told him about theweather seals and
the macro, and that caught his attention. He's going tograb one for his
assistant.

--

Paul BraunCertified Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Berthold Auerbach--