[OM] It was not to be

Subject: [OM] It was not to be
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 12:58:57 -0700
Yesterday I received an email from a "leading photo portal." They had
seen my photos on flickr, liked them, and wanted to interview me for
their site.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/13362129034/

For a moment, I thought my big break had arrived. Something about my
gently whimsical photos had at last resonated with the Cyber-Zeitgeist.
Soon I would be a well-known photographer, jetting all over the world
like Thorsten van Overflow and Princess Joie de Vivre. Who knows, I
might even be cool like Kyle Cassidy.

Then I looked closely at the email.  The flickr user who sent it was
brand new, had a made-up name, and only one photo on his site--of an
attractive woman.  The link to supposedly set up the interview pointed
to an inner page at an online gambling site in Russia.  Spam at best,
malware bait at worst.

Oh, well. Back to toiling in obscurity. Be careful out there.

--Peter