Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - First attempt at sunset

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - First attempt at sunset
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:11:49 -0500
On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> >Thanks, everyone.  I'm not displeased with what I got (except for a bit of
> >lens flare, but if you're shooting pretty much into the sun...)
> >
> >However, what I want is more like this:
> >http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=7460  but with the Sun
> directly
> >over the end of the strip.  I'd just like more detail and depth to the
> sky.
> >

>      Actually, having the sun move across the horizon is in keeping with
> the idea of taking a series of photos at the exact same spot throughout the
> year.  A series such as that will show how the strip and surrounding
> vegetation change through the year with the position of the setting sun as
> an additional point of reference.

I do like that.  I think I may go out once a month starting this week for a
whole year and then publish them all in a separate gallery.

I really wish I had started about 7 years ago or so, as the paint on the
shield hadn't faded as much, and there wasn't all of the vegetation growing
up through the cracks.  Every once in a while, I'm tempted to bring some
gardening tools out and remove the weeds growing through the cracks.  And
once in a while I have a wild idea to repaint the shield itself, as a spot
of color amongst the fading.  And then I re-think and don't.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie