Re: [OM] IMG: Devon Rex (B&W or color?)

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Devon Rex (B&W or color?)
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 07:49:47 +1100
> On 16 Mar 2014, at 6:10 am, Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> How about this?  I desaturated the box and surroundings, but left the
> cat in color. Only leaving the eyes in color seems gimmicky to me, but
> this, I like.
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/13173213963/>

To be honest, as someone who prefers B&W generally, I like the original colour
one. The coloured eyes are essential to me, but the seemingly preternatural
green is made natural, credible (and amazingly so) by the presence of "normal"
colours in the scene. Changing that by desaturation (of all but eyes or cat)
makes things feel to me less real - more like something you've made then
something that is; like something overwrought.

Cheers,
Marc
Snowy Mts, Oz