Re: [OM] IMG: Headlight Cluster

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Headlight Cluster
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 09:19:31 -0500
> Regulations (at least in EU) state that xenon headlights must have washers
> and be self-levelling.  Makes after-market adaptations tricky to implement
> (for tricky, read expensive.)

Ah, so that explains it...

My BMW X5 (Prairie Cruiser) has them. The previous one (Deer Slayer)
did too. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the height adjustment to get
exactly where I wanted on Deer Slayer, so I had no more than 4 seconds
of visibility down the road on low-beams. That cutoff from the shutter
is very abrupt. Prairie Cruiser was the exact opposite, as the shutter
was set too high and I was always blinding people. So, five minutes of
tweaking and they're about right. It's a wonderful thing because over
half of my driving is rural Iowa roads in the dark.

Unfortunately, the one road is very bumpy and those of us with the
Xenons are blinding each other on each bump.

Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.zone-10.com