Re: [OM] Plumbing Shop Cat

Subject: Re: [OM] Plumbing Shop Cat
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 09:07:49 -0600
On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> A couple weeks ago, I visited Waynedale Plumbing Supply, an old store in
> the
> Waynedale area of Fort Wayne. The place looks like it was frozen in the
> 1950s. The 80 year old owner said he and his brother opened it in 1950. The
> cat on the counter is a nasty little bastard who tried to scratch me after
> he asked for a belly rub!
>
>  http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1860

We had a hardware store like that here in Valpo until it closed when the
owner died about 10 years ago.  You could still buy brand-new stuff from
the 60's.  He was somehow independently wealthy and used it more as a hobby
and as a trap to draw people in so he could talk to them.  Place had been
in his family since it opened.  Wish I had been more active with
photography back when it was open and he was alive....

That's normal behavior for cats.  "PET ME PET ME PET ME PET ME! OK, NOW I'M
GONNA BITE YOU!!"

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie