Re: [OM] Snapseed

Subject: Re: [OM] Snapseed
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 18:45:03 -0500
Moose -

I am very computer illiterate.  I have no idea what resides on my computer
and what is in the "cloud".  I just want to be able to work, privately!, on
the photos using a large screen and then export them to Alamy.  250 more
passed quality control today so I'll have over 8000 on sale by tomorrow.
 The Stockimo photos have a certain sameness to them - like the kids who
dress to be different and end up looking the same.  But if that is what is
selling now... I will need to learn to do it - maybe under a different
pseudonym!

Checking off the to-do list before we leave for Vietnam!

Tina

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2/27/2014 10:53 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> > Yes, I found that but so far have not been able to figure out how to use
> > it.
>
> I didn't say I'd tried it.
>
> >    Do I have to be signed in to Google+ and post the photos on their
> > site?
>
> Think it through. It's not software on your machine. It runs on their
> servers, so obviously the image must be there,
> too. And naturally, it would get there by putting it on Google+. I know
> absolutely nothing about G+, except that I once
> got signed up somehow, it started annoying me with stuff, and I got out.
>
> > I use Chrome but can't see how that would use other software.
>
> You are thinking of software running on your machine, which this isn't.
> Chrome is simply the interface between you and
> the software running remotely.
>
> With luck, there is a way to put images up there in a private gallery,
> work on them, then download and/or send directly
> to the destination.
>
> > I'll try the other two.
>
> I don't think Snapseed, per se, is the key. What's hot with a large number
> of mostly younger folks is making images that
> are different in 'look' than what most of us here, most of the time have
> been trying to create. Second, with bits of
> talent and luck, images that are interesting and engaging on their own
> merits.
>
> To do so, they are using apps that manipulate images in ways that are
> unconventional by photographic standards of that
> last several decades. They are all trying to be the May Rays of this
> generation, metaphorically.
>
> So it's not necessarily what specific alt process or alt apps are used,
> but how the result fits into the developing
> aesthetic.
>
> Remote Control Moose
>
> --
> --