Re: [OM] Linux security query, was: Nasty iOS and OS X security bug - I

Subject: Re: [OM] Linux security query, was: Nasty iOS and OS X security bug - Ian
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 21:12:33 +0100
So I presume that Swiss keyboards no longer feature the  '

  ;-)

Which reminds me of about thirty years ago when my German wife and I
bought an Olivetti typewriter.
One of this family I presume, with a daisy wheel and lcd display for
half a line worth of text  ....
http://gizwizbiz.squarespace.com/daily_giz_wiz_gadgets/?currentPage=176

We had to pay a hefty premium because we needed the German letters,
and the French accentuated ones + English i.e QWERTZ, AZERTY and
QWERTY ....
The only option then was the international Swiss keyboard, which
amounted to doubling the price tag, circa U$ 1,500 ...

A couple of years later we bought our first computer for about half
that amount and never thought of it anymore :-)

Amities
Philippe

Le 26 févr. 14 à 20:42, SwissPace a écrit :

> My written Engrish continues to deteriorate, either due to old age or
> lack of contact with native English speakers ;-)  although I did think
> the plural was wives.
>
> IanW
> On 26/02/14 20:31, philippe.amard wrote:
>> One at a time please ;-)
>>
>> Amities
>> Philippe
>>
>> Le 26 févr. 14 à 19:26, SwissPace a écrit :
>>
>>>  I would make sure that the only accounts that can login are
>>> yours and your wifes
>>

> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE