Re: [OM] un-installing Photoshop

Subject: Re: [OM] un-installing Photoshop
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:10:40 -0500
I have also done that with older versions of PhotoShop including Ver 7,
CS2 and CS3.  I think CS4 and CS5 are still installed on the old XP
machine (back home) but CS6 is only installed on the newer Win7 machine.
  I don't recall what hoops I had to jump through to install an upgrade
on a machine that didn't have the the older release but I think it was
only entering the serial no. on the older disk.

Furthermore, from a program design standpoint, I don't think I would
create a dependency relationship like that.  If nothing else, you could
find yourself in trouble if the prior release was uninstalled or some
code you were dependent upon needed to be patched and especially because
such a patch might not be compatible with the other code in the prior
release.  Best to use a little extra space and keep everything independent.

Chuck Norcutt