Re: [OM] No flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] No flash?
From: philippe.amard@xxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 21:15:32 +0100 (CET)
Trolling a bit - where can I find one that does 23.5 and 76.5 % ?
;-)

Sorry for any annoyance caused :-(

Amities from Alsace tonight
Philippe

Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et Android -
En savoir plus.

Message du : 20/02/2014 20:19
De : "Chuck Norcutt " <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A : "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Copie à :
Sujet : Re: [OM] No flash?

 I don't like the "straight up" part.  That's going to send much of the
light behind you and to the sides.   Possibly useful in some situations
but I'd prefer that the bounce be off the ceiling half way between you
and the subject.

I piece of index card stock taped to the back side of the flash head and
bent over slightly into the main flash beam will work well and you can
control the flash spill by the angle and size of the stock sticking into
the beam.  To make a more durable one use a piece of thin aluminum stock
(about the weight you'd find on your clothes dryer vent pipe) and cut
and shape it as desired.  Paint it white or paste a piece of white paper
on it.  Then use velcro to attach it to the back of the flash head.

Dr. Flash