Re: [OM] FL-600R

Subject: Re: [OM] FL-600R
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:55:33 -0600
I have no idea why the exif says F10.  If it's 18mm, that would have been
the 12-50, and I would have been shooting it wide open (which is nowhere
near 1.4).  However, the harsh sodium (or mercury) overhead lights were
ugly and caused ugly shadows under the eyes, plus the few I tried were
really difficult to color-correct.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:08 PM, philippe.amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>wrote:

> f10 !!!  at 3.5, not to speak of 1.4, no flash was needed here with
> this ISO setting, or am I completely mistaken?
>
> Amities
> Philippe
>
> Le 18 févr. 14 à 23:36, Paul Braun a écrit :
>
> > On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM, philippe.amard
> > <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>wrote:
> >
> >> If I may intrude in this thread - I'd be curious to see some of the
> >> photographs of anyone on the list for which a flash was essential to
> >> the success of the take - don't mistake me, I just need to learn from
> >> you all.
> >>
> >> Thank you in anticipation
> >>
> >> Amities
> >> Philippe whose experience is rather that flash spoils a shot
> >>

> > This shot: http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=10836
> >
> > The light in this room was fluorescent overheads and not at all
> > pretty and
> > not really even.  I tried it without flash, and looking at it on the
> > screen, it was flat and not pretty.  Adding some flash (again with
> > the Fong
> > salad bowl) and I got separation, even exposure, and good colors
> > with a
> > minimum of LR gymnastics.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Paul Braun
> > Certified Music Junkie
> >
> > "Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Berthold
> > Auerbach
> > --
>
> One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible
> to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
> NO ARCHIVE
>

> --

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie