Re: [OM] All in a day's (yeah right) work

Subject: Re: [OM] All in a day's (yeah right) work
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:08:25 -0600
> Probably the boss knew about this job last November but forgot about it
> until Friday, and then forgot about it again until 6:10.

Nah, just normal stuff. Somebody in the process needed to get
time-squeezed. I drew the short straw this time.

It was actually a pretty easy do. About 30 hours in it. I co-invented
this type of network design for this application and it quickly became
the industry standard. Last year, I went to work for another company
that didn't do it that way, wasn't interested in doing it that way and
was actually upset when the customers demanded that they do it that
way. That didn't last long. Something had to give. So, I'm back
developing even bigger and better networks than before. Fancy thing is
that costs track almost perfectly, no matter how many locations you
throw at it.

Layer 2 is such a wonderful thing...

Meanwhile, that other company has no clue and can't deliver this kind
of network for 10x the cost. Mind+Boggle.

AG