Re: [OM] IMG: House of Cheer and Hope, II

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: House of Cheer and Hope, II
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 03:52:28 +1300

Tina wrote:

PESO:

I sent this one this morning and could not
believe that I have had no
comments on it. Then I checked the sent mail
and discovered that I had
sent it Tom instead of the group:

PESO:

The director of the nursing home took me to several rooms and asked me
photograph the people for their relatives who were not able to visit:

http://www.pbase.com/image/154522521

C&C greatly appreciated.

/////////////////////////

Excellent shot which clearly illustrates
what can happen to any of us.

At least she seemed to be kept clean and
warm, which is not always the case.

We currently seem here to have
ongoing instances of such 'rest homes' not taking adequate care in
feeding and keeping clean such incapacitated people - without even
considering the aspect of mental engagement and stimulation.

Our exit
strategies need to include one of avoidance of such places - difficult
if money is in short supply.

Here also, every month, there may be an
article in the newspapers about what we call 'elder abuse'; and guess
were most of it comes from?

Family and 'caring neigbours' who care
more about getting their hands on the money than on the welfare of the
elder concerned.

The law courts every month have cases of theft and
embezzlement in these circumstances.

Stay as strong and as vigilant as
you are able.

Brian