Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - new portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - new portrait
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:01:37 -0600
On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Confucius say... tattoo is permanent proof of temporary insanity.
> Confucius <http://www.just-one-liners.com/misc/confucius>
> Confucius say<
> http://www.just-one-liners.com/category/confucius-say-wordplay>
>
> Tina

I guess my wife and I started to be a little more open-minded about
tattooed people after we met Michael Godard, the famous artist who is known
mainly for his whimsical paintings of olives and strawberries gambling and
drinking.

Godard is covered in tattoos.  Since he's involved in the biker/rock'n'roll
world as well, the whole image is one of rough and vaguely evil.  But we
love his art, and went to a Chicago gallery several years back for a
personal appearance to buy a litho and meet the artist.  Turns out he's a
very sweet man, and he paints one painting live at each appearance to be
auctioned off for the local Ronald McDonald House charity because he lost
his 15-year-old daughter to brain cancer. (The Ronald McDonald houses are
temporary lodging facilities located next to children's hospitals around
the country.  They provide a place for the families to live so they can be
close to their children).  That afternoon shattered our preconceived
generalizations about people who choose to be covered in tattoos.  In
addition to Mary and her husband, there's another member of our theatre
company who has Native American heritage, and his arms are covered in
tribal tattoos as a tribute to his heritage.  We knew him way before the
tats, so there's another one.  I have, however, met some that did fit the
stereotype.....

That doesn't mean, however, that either of us have any interest in getting
one.
--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie