Re: [OM] It really does make a difference - Solar - Offtopic

Subject: Re: [OM] It really does make a difference - Solar - Offtopic
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 17:42:20 +0000
   Chris Barker said that he was going to install a combi boiler in his
   refurbished annex.  Personally, I would never willingly have a combi
   boiler unless I was 100% sure that the electricity supply would never
   fail (in this part of Cheshire UK, it does occasionally) - Possibly
   reliable solar photo-voltaic panels would be an adequate back-up if the
   boiler electronics would run on their output and I am not qualified to
   say they would or would not.  I have several times been thankful to
   have a large tank of hot-water for handwashing etc during a power
   failure.  Perhaps Chris has a suitable water heater boiler in the main
   building.
   Just my two pennyworth.
   Brian