Re: [OM] an unusual bird

Subject: Re: [OM] an unusual bird
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 07:35:46 -0500
I've been impressed with the photos you've taken with your Canon SX50
HS.  At 215mm these shots are the equivalent of 1200mm on a full-frame
camera.  The images are fairly sharp yet the shutter speeds aren't all
that high (1/160 and 1/125).  You've either got the camera on a good
tripod or the IS performs better than I would have guessed.  The web
size images also look pretty good for ISO 800 on a very small sensor.

But what's the difference in processing (if any) between the first and
second image? Both are at the same ISO and aperture and nearly the same
shutter speed but, at 100%, the first image still looks very clean while
the second image shows lots of (sharpening?) artifacts.

Chuck Norcutt