[OM] Another reply [was MooseRant on Low Light Shoot-Out]

Subject: [OM] Another reply [was MooseRant on Low Light Shoot-Out]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 19:02:58 -0500 (EST)
BAH, my fault for the lousy link. That was the only comparison I could
find and none seem exist for the 9.1 version ..
If DXO is the hammer, the user in the link hit his toe and not the
nail. I provided a link to the toe.
Don' t blame the hammer  at least yet.

The 9.1 prime reduction is adjustable with "low freq, ", luminance,
chrominance,
Seems may take 90sec or so on a new i7 screamer,
The highlight recovery is better this iteration--not sure up to ACR but
the converter, I think, top notch in other ways.
See, if you have your Panny lenses on the Oly body no CA metadata is
intepreted--even not with Oly MFT lens on Oly body until the E-M1.
DXO uses its own data and each corection is adjustable. You are even
covered with the Panny PZ 14-42 on the OM-D.
I like trimming back some of the Canyon lens corrections a tad  in ACR
(especially barrell dist)  and not being able to do that would get
under my skin
with WA shots quickly. Say your using the small zoom on the OMD at the
long end where the corners are a bit softer than the rest. You could
use just a touch of the deconvolution to even up the performance (it is
designed to do this) , export to PS right from DXO and proceed as
usual. All adjustments (except some WB mixed lighting things on Macs
for now) are global thus many just export to PS or LR to finish. I
think in some cases you would find it a flexible, improved converter
with an enhanced final outcome. Just trying to help, really.

Sore Toe, Mike