Re: [OM] Interesting Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting Photo
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 11:19:08 -0500
Possibly the Ashokan Reservoir near Woodstock, NY. where I used to live.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashokan_Reservoir>

The reservoir was built in the early 1900s to supply New York City with
water via a giant aqueduct.  It inundated several small communites...
"the area that became the West Basin of the reservoir contained 504
dwellings, nine blacksmith shops, 35 stores, 10 churches, 10 schools,
seven sawmills and a gristmill."

I've never seen it myself but have been told that you can see many of
these old dwellings if the water level gets low enough.  They're not
very deep.  A friend of mine and SCUBA diver used to dive to view them.

Chuck Norcutt