Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/1/2014: two Brussels landmarks

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/1/2014: two Brussels landmarks
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:19:29 -0500
If the camera has a battery it's probably a Minox C.  The Minox B has a
selenium cell for the meter.  The C required a 5.6V mercury cell, a
Mallory PX-27 or Varta 7150.  No longer available, of course.  But there
are voltage lowering adapters that take 4 silver oxide cells. C.R.I.S
makes one at about $37.  You can also find 6V silver oxide S27PX cells
on ebay for $7.95.  Also, this link
<http://www.subclub.org/creative/qtbatt.htm> relates that the writer
constructed a case for four 386 cells from the case of the old mercury
cell and used it without any voltage reduction.  Dunno what that does to
meter accuracy.
I don't know anything about film availability.

Chuck Norcutt