[OM] Re 'Dangerous ice'

Subject: [OM] Re 'Dangerous ice'
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 12:31:32 +0000
   Tina & Ken wrote

> It snowed in Charleston, SC, last night and this morning.  Last night we
> walked from our B&B to a restaurant on Broad Street and I stepped on a
> patch of ice.  My feet flew out from under me and I landed flat on my back.
>  I had a digital M hanging from each shoulder and they hit the ground
> before I did.  Fortunately, we are all fine.  I'm a little sore but nothing
> is broken on me or my cameras!  Tom thinks I'm OK because we exercise 3
> times a week at the Y.  I think I'm really lucky with Leica cameras!
>  Photos of snow-covered palm trees will be posted as soon as I get them
> downloaded.

Yes, your exercise routine is your best prevention of injury. I'm sure
you are feeling like an "Old" Leica shooter today, though.>

But it helps to be younger too. I had been in the Gym a couple of days before I
slipped on ice over the Christmas period and landed on my side.  The EM5 hanging
 in a case from my hand on the other side survived, but a beer glass in a shoppi
ng bag did not, and nor did my upper arm on the side which hit the ground - a cl
ean break below the shoulder joint.  But I look forward to being able to back to
 the gym.
Brian Gray