Re: [OM] Food Scultures

Subject: Re: [OM] Food Scultures
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 08:18:50 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>PEDANT ALERT!
>
>It’s not fake Budweiser. Budweiser is fake beer.

     Most American beers tend to be like fizzy alcoholic soda pop, much unlike
most domestic European beers.  Down here I tend towards Modelo Negro which at
least has some body to it.  Stroh's cannot be found anywhere, and I think that
Coors buried it.  I still have some Iron City that I save for Steeler's games.

     Recently I came across a very interesting offering at Trader Joe's, a dark
ale sold in 1qt bottles with a wired cork.  Very flavourful with good body and
a persistent creamy head.  Much better than your average ale, more between a
porter and a stout.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson